S A T S U K I S H I B U Y A studio is looking for a part-time, studio assistant who will grow with the company. The position requires 15-25 hours per week (and possibly more or less depending on projects), involves partial remote work, and starting pay is $12.00 per hour.
The applicant must be flexible as the artist’s schedule may change on short notice, have their own car and computer/laptop (Mac is preferred), have access to a reliable and secure internet source while working remotely, be available to come into the studio in Rancho Palos Verdes, and be based in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. The projected start date is March 2018.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES (Can include, but not limited to)
- Handling client correspondence
- Scheduling meetings
- Project management
- Social media/PR/Marketing
- Photography (studio scenes, lifestyle) including editing
- Artwork inventory
- Website upkeep
- Assisting with packaging and shipping of artwork, stretching canvas, upkeep of studio space
- Accompanying and supporting artist during events, workshops, installations, etc.
- Driving artist to work and non-work related locations
THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, and down to earth with positive energy
- A natural at helping others and finds purpose in a supportive role
- Understands the S A T S U K I S H I B U Y A aesthetics and philosophy
- Consistent availability, punctual, and responsive
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and ability to take direction well
- Enjoys working in both a small team environment and solo
- Comfortable with delivering work under deadlines and periods of heightened pressure
- Communicates in a professional, yet personable manner and possesses excellent grammar
- Strong knowledge of Google sheets, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/In-Design and working knowledge of Lightroom
- Have an interest and/or background in photography
- Fluency in spoken and written Japanese would be a big plus! An appreciation for Japanese culture is also welcomed.
If this position connects with you, please email email@example.com with
“STUDIO ASSISTANT” in the subject line and include:
· A link to your website, blog, and/or portfolio
· Any links to social media platforms you may be active on
· Availability during the week (studio is closed on the weekends)
· Where you are located in Los Angeles/Orange County
· Your thoughts on why this job would be right for you
· 3 work references (please include: Name, Phone Number, Email of the individual)
The deadline to apply for this position is December 31st 2017.
Thank you for taking the time to apply!